Episode 180 (1 hr 10 mins 28 secs) Being that Spoilers Pleeze's hosts are Asian-Americans, "Crazy Rich Asians" is just perfect for them right? right? right? Maybe? Edward, Josephine, Jiaming, and Albert, share their opinions on what they liked and didn't like about this movie with a full Asian led cast of main characters. Is this or isn't this the big Hollywood produced movie that Asian-Americans have been waiting for? Take a listen!
00:01:35 - initial non-spoilers impressions for Crazy Rich Asians
00:06:39 - Spoilers discussion for CRA
01:01:07 - Credits -
01:02:22 - After Credits - Along with "To All The Boys I've Loved Before," "Searching," and "Crazy Rich Asians," August is the month for Asian Americans in movies.
- Crazy Rich Asians' hoopla elicits mixed feelings in Asia
- Some Critics Say the Biracial Actors in Crazy Rich Asians Aren't Asian Enough—But I Call Bullshit
- Crazy Rich Asians is a win for Asian Americans. But it gets Singapore wrong.
- The symbolism of Crazy Rich Asians’ pivotal mahjong scene, explained
- Meet Katherine Ho, the Voice Behind Your Favorite Song from the ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Soundtrack
Want to show your support? -> whowhatwhereswhy.com/support
or Listen to Spoilers Pleeze on RadioPublic Podcasts -> https://radiopublic.com/spoilers-pleeze-whowhatwhereswhy-8XR7B1
Music provided by The Y Axes
This episode was produced by Albert VergeldeDios and Jessica Lin
More episodes, our other podcasts, and movie reviews, at whowhatwhereswhy.com