- Olivia Colman is amazing as the needy and moody Queen Anne.
- Rachel Weisz is amazing as the strong willed and outspoken Sarah.
- Emma Stone is amazing as the manipulative and charming Abigail.
- The dynamics of this relationship between Anne, Sarah, and Abigail, is easily the main reason to see this movie. You’ll just want to see how that triangle plays out by the end (unless you already know your history of Great Britain).
- Out of the male actors though, I got to give a lot of credit to Nicholas Hoult for his poker faced portrayal of Robert Harley.
- I love how the characters of this movie are just so shameless in their crude bad behaviors, filled with duplicity, and indulgence. All with an air of civility and properness.
- That dance sequence. Loved it!
- Yorgos Lanthimos is the perfect Director for this screenplay by Deborah Davis and Tony McNamara. It has witty dialogue, it’s darkly comedic, it’s idiosyncratic, it’s unpredictable at times, and it’s inappropriate in many ways, but those are reasons on why this movie is very entertaining to watch.
- The level of absurdity that this movie goes to at times, might turn some people off.
- What also might not work for some people, is how the final act of the movie plays out.
- To think the level of ridiculousness depicted in this movie, actually has some basis on historical truth, amuses me to no end.
LOVED IT enjoyeditlikedititsokayitsmehitsterrible